The missing link.
- not worrying about getting sick.
- not worrying about taking time off work for sick kids.
- not always rushing to the Doctor when symptoms show.
- avoiding antibiotics and medications.
- avoiding common colds and flus.
- having an unwavering knowledge of how to treat your family at home.
Yet this isn't imaginary.
It's our families reality and if it's not yours already, it can be.
We recently had our first hospital visit with my 13 year old daughter for a broken finger.
We were asked to name our family Doctor. I gave the name of a friend as we don't have a family Doctor.
Our children have had antibiotics once or twice when they were very little, they are 11 and 13.
As a family we rarely get sick. Unusual in todays world, yet not lucky.
Conventional medicine is very effective at treating the symptom and the cause of disease, which lies in a 'part' of the body. However, there is more to the story...
There is something our bodies are exposed to emotionally or physically that triggers illness e.g. we might get a cold due to a low immunity:
- What causes the low immunity?
- Is the body nourished well?
- Does it have the vital nutrients required for strong immunity?
- How much sleep are we getting?
- How is emotional health and tolerance to stress?
- How well are we actually absorbing our food / nutrients?
- What else is our body being exposed to that's disrupting a well-being?
Simple questions with complex answers, mental, emotional, physical and / or spiritual answers. Answers that in the long term foster longevity and vitality and can prevent illness, but can take longer to resolve.
Bugs are everywhere all the time. If we live a life of treating the bug or the symptom without treating the root cause or nourishing the body deeply and gently detoxifying, we are simply adding to the complexity of the issue, burying the clues deeper, making it harder and more complex to discover the root cause.
The earlier (younger) we support out bodies holistically, the easier and quicker our bodies respond and thrive.
We must look holistically at wellbeing. To manage not just the symptom, but the whole being, mind, body and soul, and discover the root cause.
The good news is, it's' not hard, infact, it may seem too simple to be true.
It begins in our homes, in our hearts and at our tables. With knowledge that's stood the test of time which means... it's free.
The challenge is...
It feels hard. Hard to;
- Make new choices, even though we know it's better for our families.
- Know exactly what foods and nutrients they need more or less of.
- Know what foods and exposures are triggering their allergies or autoimmune conditions?
- Make time for ourselves, even when we know we need to.
- Know, after trying everything, that these new choices are actually going to work (this time)!
- Find hope.
- Trust our intuition and to experiment with choices that might seem far too simplistic in their nature.
Concerns that make it easier not to change or to opt for the quick fix instead.
It's how we've been conditioned to act, without thinking twice, even though we know deep down, it's not the answer.
It's exactly what my clients learn about and overcome everyday, creating wellbeing from within their homes, simply, naturally, cost effectively, without overwhelm, confusion or conflict.
It's why I created Our Happy Children - my online and LIVE short course.
If you're sick and tired of going from Doctor to Doctor, Specialist to Specialist or want to know exactly what does work and you're ready to discover food and lifestyle choices that give foundations for a well-being and prevent illness - Our Happy Children is for you and your family.
Doors close for 2018, this Saturday the 19th of May. Be quick.
You don't want to miss this life changing program http://katebarnes.com.au/our-happy-children/
A word from participants: