- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp good quality dijon mustard (or grainy – optional)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of macadamia oil or grapeseed oil
- Add all the ingredients (except the oil) into a blender or Thermomix
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly on a low – medium speed.
- Very slowly and with a steady trickle, add the oil through the lid of the blender until you’ve finished pouring and the mix turns thick and creamy, (this will take between 4 – 6 minutes).
Option: Once thickened you can add the egg white. Mix for a few seconds. (I usually add the egg white, it takes out the sharpness and makes it taste creamier).
- All ingredients need to be at room temperature to get the best results, especially the egg.
- Add in your favourite herbs for extra yumminess and goodness e.g. fresh basil, parsley or coriander chopped finely.
- This Mayo is great in kids sandwiches, with seafood, your favourite summer salad or anything you like!
This recipe is adapted from the Thermomix, ‘Everyday cooking…’ recipe book.