- coconut oil, butter or ghee, for greasing.
- 1 large or 1 1/2 small zucchini.
- 1 cup almond (or any nut) butter.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 100 g dark (85% cacao) chocolate, roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease a 23 cm square brownie tin using the coconut oil, butter or ghee.
- Grate the zucchini into a large bowl then add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into the prepared brownie tin and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin, then cut into squares.
- Also try adding goji berries or cacao nibs or frozen raspberries.
- This can also be made into a cake (as above) or brownie muffins.
Thank you Callie Brown for the inspiration for this nourishing, delicious recipe