- 155 g (51/2 oz/1 cup) raw cashew nuts
- 170 ml (2/3 cup) filtered water
- 8 drops stevia liquid or 1/2 tsp honey (taste for desired sweetness and add more if need be)
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla essence (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until smooth and creamy.
- Add a little water if the mixture isn’t smooth enough.
- Enjoy as a condiment or with fresh, organic berries as a delicious, nourishing snack.
Make the cashew nut cream the night before. It can be stored in the fridge in a covered container for up to one week. You can substitute the same quantity of almonds, sunflower seeds, macadamias or hazelnuts for the cashews.
The inspiration for this recipe comes from http://www.superchargedfood.com.