- 130g almonds
- 75g cashews
- 250g medjool dates
- 65g dessicated coconut
- 25g organic cacao powder
- ¼ tsp celtic sea salt
- 20g honey (rapadura or maple syrup or leave out altogether – the mix is pretty sweet)!
- 70 to 80g raw coconut oil (if hard, warm first)
- 2 drops of your favourite essential oil e.g. peppermint, spearmint or wild orange (optional)
- Grease or line a square biscuit tin or lamington tin with baking paper
- Place nuts into blender and grind until ‘nut meal’ is made. Set aside
- Add dates, coconut, cacao, salt and honey (or preferred sweetener) into the bowl and blend until finely chopped (or almost a paste forms)
- Return nut meal to the bowl, adding the coconut oil and blend through thoroughly or until mix has a shiny appearance
- Empty mix into the prepared tin and press down with the back of a spoon to create a flat surface. Using a knife, score lines one way and then the other, to create squares.
- Decorate each square with nuts or dried fruit or leave plain
- When solid remove for the tin and break into squares
- Store refrigerated or freeze for another time
- add other superfoods, to give it an extra boost, eg 2 tsp of maca, 1/2 tsp of vanilla powder, goji berries or mix through 1 tbsp of bee pollen
- for nut free, replace the nuts with 1 cup desiccated coconut and 1 cup of mixed seeds
- add 2 drops of your favourite essential oil into the mix e.g. peppermint, spearmint or wild orange.
- or rather than a slice, make your own power balls from the mix
Adapted from, ‘A taste of Vegetarian’, Thermomix book p. 106