The flavour and spices
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cardamon
- 1 tsp cacao
- pinch of ground cloves
- ½ tsp fresh grated (or ground) ginger
- ½ tsp raw honey or coconut nectar (or sweetener of choice)
- coconut water (see below)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (home made preferably or your milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 egg (optional). If you leave out the egg add more water or milk to make the total liquid 2 cups.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender & buzz….
- To warm up gently heat on the stove top after blending or if you have a coffee machine with a steamer, pop the steamer into your drink for 30 seconds.
Extra nourishing variations:
- Add in maca, bee pollen, turmeric, licorice powder or a powdered mushroom eg chaga or shitake. Whatever you feel like at the time. You can make this drink as medicinal and as delicious as you like.
- If you like a sweeter chai try using coconut water rather than filtered water.
I would love to hear how you go making your own chai drink? What ingredients have you tried?