- 6 organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 Tbsps raw honey or sweetener of your choice (brown rice syrup or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup macadamia nut oil or your choice of (cold pressed coconut oil or butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsps gluten free baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup shredded or desiccated coconut for rolling
100 g (3 1/2 oz) good quality dark eating chocolate 70 – 85 % cocoa – finally chopped
60 ml (1/4 cup / 2 fl oz) coconut water or coconut milk
Or refer to my video & recipe for how to make your own, super rewarding home made chocolate – easy!
- preheat oven to 160 C
- whip the eggs, vanilla and honey for approx. 10 minutes until light and creamy.
- pour in the macadamia nut oil with the eggs still whipping and mix well.
- add the coconut flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- pour lamington cake mix into a square 22 cm baking tin lined completely with baking paper.
- sprinkle the raspberries evenly over the top.
- bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- cool for 30 minutes before lifting out from the tin to completely cool.
- divide cake into 25 mini squares.
- make your chocolate ganache
- heat the coconut water or coconut milk if in a small pan until almost boiling. Turn off the heat.
- add the chocolate and stir it through the coconut until you have a smooth silky ganache.
- spread each square of lamington with a little chocolate ganache very lightly and thinly with a small knife on all sides.
- roll in coconut and place onto a tray lined with baking paper to set.
These delicious lamingtons will keep covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.