Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: approx. 50 minutes
- approx. 1kg of beef mince
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 6 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 50g butter
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp allspice
- 1 cup almond, nut or sunflower meal (for gluten free)
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 egg for the meat mixture & 3 eggs hard boiled
- bacon rashers and extra sage leaves to garnish (optional)
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 200C or 400F
Salute the onion and sage until golden in the butter. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the meat, onion and sage, spices, worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, parmesan, nut meal, egg, psyllium, salt and pepper – mix well.
- Grease a large, rectangular baking tin and spread half the mixture on the base.
- Place the three hard boiled eggs evenly on top of the mix then cover with the remaining mixture.
- If using bacon, unmold the meat from the tin and place on cling film, wrap bacon around the ‘loaf’ and decorate with sage leaves.
- Place back into the tin and cook in the oven for 50 minutes to an hour.
- Enjoy served with a fresh salad or steamed vegetables, whatever you prefer.
Inspired by Mimi Thorisson delicious recipe https://mimithorisson.com