Preparation: 10 minutes
Marinate: overnight or at least 4 – 5 hours
Cooking: 30 – 45 minutes
Serves: 2 adults + 2 small children
- 700 – 800g spare ribs (organic lamb, beef or pork)
- 1/4 cup of coriander stems and roots, finely chopped (lots of flavour in the stems)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5cm (2 inches) fresh ginger finely grated
- 2.5cm (1 inch) fresh turmeric finely grated (optional)
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce preservative and additive free
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp brown rice malt syrup
- 1 Tbsp your favourite nut butter
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- juice from half a juicy lime (or whole lime if not juicy!)
- Preferably marinate the ribs the night before or a few hours before cooking.
- To make the marinade mix all the above ingredients together in a bowl, mixing well.
- Place the ribs into a ceramic, stainless steel or glass bowl, and coat all of the ribs with the marinade. Cover, and place in the fridge overnight or for as long as possible before cooking.
- Just before cooking take the ribs out of the fridge and bring to room temperature.
- These are best cooked on a bbq or weber on a medium to high heat until well cooked. If using an oven place on 180 degrees for a good 45 minutes or until well cooked.
- Turn the ribs half way through cooking.
- When they’re ready serve with a fresh, garden salad and cauliflower rice or a basmati rice. Enjoy!