- 4 cups of water
- 5 cm dried wakame or kombu
- 4 – 5 shitake mushrooms, sliced thin (or use 7 or 8 pieces of dried shitake)
- 200g, firm tofu, cubed (optional – if using buy authentic tofu)
- ¼ cup watercress if available
- 1 1/2 teaspoons miso per cup of water
- 2 – 3 spring onions, minced (optional)
- Soak wakame or kombu for 5 minutes until soft, then slice thinly.
- Add mushrooms and tofu and bring to a boil.
- Lower flame to simmer and cook for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add watercress if available
- Dilute the miso in a small amount of water and add to the soup.
- Simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions.
Andrea Beaman Recipe
- To add more sustenance, add to the soup:
- sautéed onions with carrot & celery or
- Add 2 handfuls of chopped kale or spinach at the end to wilt or
- a cooked whole grain in at the end or
- all of the above!
Now you have the Miso, use it in dressings and marinades. Then add it to rice or quinoa, baked potato with herbs – just use your imagination.