For the crust
- 2 cups walnuts (or nuts on hand eg 1 cup walnuts & 1 cup cashews)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted (about 6 dates)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the chocolate filling
- 1 avocado
- 1 large banana (or 2 small – medium)
- 2/3 cup cacao
- 2/3 cup cream or coconut cream (or for dairy free leave out & add more avocado)
- 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup or brown rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond or milk of choice
For the topping
- 500g organic strawberries
- Combine all the crust ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until a fine crumb forms.
- Remove from food processor and pressin to tart pan(s), making sure to press firmly into the sides to make a solid crust.
- Rinse food processor and add the chocolate filling ingredients, except the milk, add this slowly until you reach a mousse like consistency.
- Blend until smooth and pudding like
- Divide equally among the tart crusts, filling almost to the top of the crust.
- for the topping, slice the strawberries and lay out in a flower pattern as shown above.
- let chill for at least 10 minutes or up to a few hours
- gently remove from the pan and serve!
- for nut free, try using bananas as the base.
thank you to www.cleangreensimple.com for the inspiration for this delicious recipe.