- 1oog (1 cup) almond meal or use sunflower seed meal for nut free or a cheaper alternative
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt or himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 70g (1/4 cup) natural full fat yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 3 eggs
- 80g (1/2 cup) chopped finely, preservative free ham or 2 – 3 rasher bacon
- 3/4 – 1 cup grated parmesan or cheddar cheese
- 70g (1/2 cup), approximately 10cm length, grated zucchini with moisture squeezed out using a tea towel or muslin cloth.
- 1 tsp finely chopped chives (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius (345 degrees Fahrenheit) and grease 8 hole muffin tin.
- Combine all the ingredients together into 1 bowl
- Mix thoroughly
- Spoon evenly into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool fully.
- Serve warm with organic butter.
- Use whole almonds or sunflower seeds and mill in a high speed blender to make your own meal.
- Add 1/2 finely chopped onion, sautéed (with the bacon if using) and add to the mix.
- For nut free, replace the almond meal with sunflower seed meal. Or do a mix of both almond and sunflower seed meal.
This recipe is inspired by ‘Supercharged Food for Kids’ by Lee Holmes