- 2 cups (500ml) of your milk of choice
- 2 whole free range/organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp of kudzu or 1/2 tbsp of gelatin powder or use 1/2 tbsp tapioca flour
- pinch nutmeg
- place all ingredients into the Thermo.
- cook for 7 minutes 30 seconds, speed 4, 80C.
- then blend for 4 seconds on speed 6 and serve straight away
- heat milk in a saucepan with vanilla and honey and bring to almost boiling point, then remove from the heat and stir in the gelatin or kudzu.
- mix the eggs in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- pour the milk mixture over the eggs and whisk together well.
- pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook over a gentle heat, stirring with a spoon until it thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- remove from the heat quickly and pour back into the mixing bowl.
- whisk well to cool a little and smooth it out. Serve hot or cold.
- To warm up a cold custard, place into a bowl and set it over a pan of simmering water. Stir and heat through gently.
- for a chocolate custard add 1 tbsp of cacao powder and
- for something more warming and healing add approx. 1 tsp freshly grated turmeric or a dash of cayenne pepper! Whatever you enjoy, add it in!
The inspiration for this recipe comes from Teresa Cutter, The Healthy Chef