- 1/2 cup almonds (preferably activated)
- 1/2 cup pecans (preferably activated). Or use whatever nuts you have on hand e.g. cashews, macadamias etc.
- 1 apple (if in season)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp. chia seed
- 2 tbsp. goji berries
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds chopped (preferably activated)
The following super foods are optional and provide different nutritional benefits.
- 1 tsp. bee pollen
- 1 tsp maca
- 1 tsp. cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp. white mulberries
- 1 tsp. un-hulled tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or cinnamon
- Choose any of the above ingredients you have readily on hand. It doesn’t need to be all of them, just what you enjoy.
- Place into a high-speed blender and pulse a couple of times until chunky or your desired consistency. Or if you prefer, chop the nuts by hand, add in the rest of the ingredients and have it extra crunchy or chunky, (as in the photo above).
- Serve with a natural, organic yoghurt and seasonal fruit or berries
- Make a big batch of the dry ingredients and keep it in a glass container in the pantry, ready to go, (instant cereal)!
For extra protein and goodness, (and if you’re up to it) try mixing an organic raw egg into the yoghurt first, with a touch of cacao, cinnamon or vanilla).