- 6 eggs
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 overly ripe, medium sized bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (or spelt flour for non gluten free)
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp cacao (optional)
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut (optional)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp brown rice malt syrup or pure maple syrup or preferred natural sweetener (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (aluminium free)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on a medium setting (enough to mince the dates to a smooth consistency)
- Grease a loaf tin with organic butter or coconut oil
- Pour the banana bread into the pan and bake on 180 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Enjoy, served warm with butter.
- If your blender is not strong, soak the dates in water first for an hour or so to soften
- I’ve updated the recipe to include maple syrup rather than castor sugar, and reduced the quantity. It worked equally well, with the added nutrients offered by using maple syrup.
Inspiration for this recipe came from www.thewholekitchen.com