Preparation: 5 minutes
Dressing – last 2 – 3 days in the fridge
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- ¼ cup lemon juice, lime or apple cider vinegar
- 1 small cucumber
- ½ medium carrot
- handful of fresh sprouts e.g. sunflower, alf alfa or broccoli (optional)
- fresh herbs e.g. italian parsley, mint, basil and /coriander
- ½ cup finely chopped cabbage (either red or green or both)
- 1 cup of leafy greens e.g. spinach or cos lettuce
- To make the dressing mix all the ingredients together in a jar with a lid and shake. Leave in the fridge until needed. Or if the ginger is too strong for you, squeeze the juice into the jar in your fingers and discard the pulp.
- For the salad, mix all the ingredients together and dress with the salad dressing. Serve.
- For a more substantial meal add your favourite protein source e.g. fish, sardines, salmon, lentils – whatever you prefer