An Immune Protecting Chocolate 'Snack'
August 13, 2017
A great recipe to have on hand through the change of seasons and the colder months to safeguard our bodies against cold and flu and keep them strong. Each of the ingredients are either great immune boosters or highly supportive of a healthy body. If you’re not using honey, try stevia or xylitol or a sweetener of choice and only use therapeutic grade essential oils.
- 1/2 cup raw, unfiltered honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 5 drops each of a therapeutic grade oregano or clove oil, lemon oil, on guard (or an immunity blend), tea tree, frankincense
- 1 tsp cacao powder (optional & if you like chocolate)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (or 1 drop of the essential oil)
- Add all the ingredients into a blender
- Blend on a low – medium speed until all ingredients are well combined
- Spoon into a glass storage container.
- Take approx. 1/4 – 1 teaspoon a day during the change of seasons or when cold and flu bugs are around. The amount taken depends on age, weight and tolerance.
- If you’re new to essential oils you can purchase them through Kate at email@example.com or here.