Post Natal Depletion.
Do you feel emotionally and physically drained? Silently dreaming of a quick escape from the hum drum of daily life to an exotic playground e.g. PARIS or NEW YORK?!
I so get where you are coming from! If you’re a mother, what you’re feeling is no doubt postnatal depletion: 'a common phenomenon of fatigue and exhaustion combined with a feeling of 'baby brain'. There's often a feeling of isolation, vulnerability and of not feeling 'good enough', according to Dr. Oscar Serrallach, a family physician in Queensland.
Dr. Serrallach who coined the term, 'postnatal depletion', suspects the syndrome affects up to 50% of mothers and can affect mothers from the birth until the time the child is 7 years of age.
Reading the interview I thought Dr.Oscar Serrallach had snuck into our home and spent a day in my life! I found myself nodding most of my way through his article. I reckon it affects more than 50% of us though - and it can affect us way longer than the kids are 7 years of age - just in a different guise, (as I explain further down).
My own version of postnatal depletion looked like this:
As a mother, for the first time;
- My immune system was less than average. I remember exclaiming to friends that whenever I went to the gym, which wasn't that often because, I would get sick. A small amount of exercise was enough to compromise my immune system. I couldn’t understand why and it drove me crazy!
- While I lost my baby weight quickly, after a few years I began to hold onto weight around my tummy and on my thighs! I know some of you won't believe this, but my husband will happily concur. I feared that this was the beginning of my ‘inevitable’ and gradual weight gain into middle age and beyond. Eek!
- I would wake up in the morning less than fresh and could happily roll over and go back to sleep after having a full night sleep - and still be tired at the end of the day (and snappy with the kids).
- My skin was very dry, just like my parents & my grandfather and something I'd concluded was my genetic destiny.
- I was borderline hypothyroid. A condition where the thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough of a few critical hormones. Little wonder I was moody and lacked the energy for enjoying my kids, hubby and life in general.
- Ignited by feelings of overwhelm and the routine demands of family life, I’d lost my sense of purpose, my identity, my confidence.
In addition to this, my mothers intuition told me my babies weren't as fully nourished as they could've been and nor was I. During this time my health struggled and so did my family. I now know that there is so much I could have done to radically improve my heath and happiness.
I've noticed a similar pattern in my clients. Healthy, active, educated women that when they became mothers find themselves suffering from lack of energy, sleep issues, weight concerns and then, autoimmune disease, irritable bowel, depression, adrenal fatigue and most commonly - thyroid 'conditions'.
Perhaps you’ve contemplated: 'Isn't being tired or exhausted part of being a Mother'? Shouldn't we just 'suck it up'?
YOU’RE NOT GOING TO GET THIS INFORMATION OR THE SUPPORT YOU NEED FROM YOUR AVERAGE GP or A SHRINK! You need an expert whose dedicated his/her life to ensuring that you create a wildly rich life - physically, spiritually and emotionally - NOW.
Who's this program for?
The Enriched Mama is a kick start intensive created for mothers navigating the transition from the corporate landscape to the world of part-time work or entrepreneurship. You’re a smart woman who loves being a mother but who desires to retain her identity, radically improve your wellbeing and to honour your dreams and passions. You're passionate about your work and your family and you want to know how to truly ensure that you bring your best to both your personal and professional life without losing your sanity and your health. Your life is rich and full but you're tired. It’s incredibly important for you to be there for your family but you’re struggling to truly take care of yourself.
If this is you and you know postnatal depletion is something you're struggling with, (even 10+ years on) this 7-day break through package is for you. Over the course of 3 hours we create a personalised step-by-step wellness and rich mama living guide. A guide that clearly directs you to achieve the results and goals you deeply desire. There are many, many aspects to creating our healthiest and wealthiest lives including, parenting, relationships, career, purpose, mindset, nutrition, support, stress, emotions, toxins, finances and much more.
In this break through session we will not only discover WHAT it is you uniquely need, we discover WHY & HOW to make taking action easy and the results you desire achieved.
Details at https://www.katebarnes.com.au/one-on-one/the-enriched-mama/
What you get in the program:
- Before our intensive we'll spend half an hour together over the phone or via Skype to get clear on goals and concerns.
- We then spend 2 hours together on phone or via Skype downloading and formulating and documenting your specific and individually tailored Rich Mama Living Guide.
- Over the following 7 working days you will have access to me via continual e-support.
- One week after our intensive session we will have a 45 minute follow up session to keep the motivation high and bust through any road blocks that may appear.
Your investment for the half-day intensive including 3.15 hours of 1:1 coaching + 7 days of email support is only $849.00 ... and the results will be PRICELESS.
Places are limited so if you want this opportunity to:
- Start to lose weight with pleasure and ease
- Heal your relationship with yourself and those you love
- Step into your power and passion
- Feel younger and sexier in record time
- Ignite a deeper connection with your soul
- Begin to transform your metabolism so you never have to diet again
- Boost your immunity and reduce expensive doctors visits and potentially cut them out altogether
- Nourish your mind and body
- Shift direction in your professional life for more fun and prosperity
- Discover the fundamental steps to creating your healing home
BOOK in NOW with an initial FREE 15 minute discovery session to answer any questions and to be sure this is right for you. (This session is in addition to everything included in the VIP Intensive).
First in best dressed. Sessions are conducted in person or via Skype. I will sell out of this program so be quick and email me at email@example.com or schedule your FREE 15 minute session here.
“Kate’s Enriched Mama Intensive changed my life. I was wigged out - working and feeling like crap. I love my family and I love being a mother but I was overwhelmed with emotions and exhaustion. Kate lovingly listened to me pour my heart out. We came up with a plan filled with new ways for me to truly honour myself and my family. I’ve been on her detox program now for two weeks and my energy is soaring. I feel incredible. Having a coach like Kate really is priceless.” - Ingrid Arna
Listen to your body and act NOW.
It's tempting to keep 'soldiering on' because we can and we do - right? Wrong. In my personal experience and years of coaching, if left unattended these symptoms don't miraculously go away, rather they progress, potentially becoming more complicated and with potentially more devastating consequences such as chronic illness, autoimmune conditions, diabetes, chronic depression, cancer etc.
There is of course good news. Your body is incredibly complex and will innately gravitate to health and balance again when given the right fuels and tools. That’s where I come in.
If you've had enough of living a life that's less than fully lived and want to be THE best role model to your children you can be - contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
You're more than a mother and a wife, it's time to take charge and stop trying to navigate the maze of motherhood and health on your own. It's very difficult to achieve the life you dream of on your own. One of the most powerful things I’ve done is invest in my coach and mentors. It works. Even Oprah has mentors. It’s time to see getting help as an act of support NOT a weakness. When I reached out and invested in myself my life changed dramatically. Now it’s your turn. I can’t wait to to share all that I’ve learnt to guide you into a richer way of living.
There is ONLY ONE person or thing that can make you feel better or look better. You. Will you join me? Will you invest in yourself, in your family and in your life?
Let's do this.