Quantity: 2 servings i.e. approximately 6 pancakes (medium sized)
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 1/2 a medium sized onion finely sliced (optional)
- 2 medium sized cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked organic chicken roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dulse flakes (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan or celtic sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Melt 1 – 2 tsp butter or ghee in a large pan.
- Saute onion and garlic in the pan for 3-5 minutes or until the onion is just cooked.
- Add the onion and garlic mix with the remaining ingredients into a blender.
- Keep the pan on the stove ready to cook the pancakes.
- Blend the mix together on a medium speed for 1 – 2 minutes until mixed through and chicken is relatively minced e.g. pea size or smaller.
- Add more ghee or butter to the pan if you need, melt and cover the base of the pan (so pancakes don’t stick)
- Pour the pancake mix into preferred pancakes size and leave to cook for 1 – 2 minutes, flip and cook the other side.
- When all the pancakes are cooked serve with a fresh garden salad, home made mayonnaise, pesto or other dip, cool and pop into lunchboxes or serve with your favourite vegetables.
- Will keep in the fridge for a day to enjoy as a snack too.
- Add spices and herbs such as cumin or coriander for extra goodness and flavour.
Inspired by Julie Matthews at Nourishing Hope, Chicken Pancake recipe.